01273 662 750

More information – Complaints

Complaints information

Our aim is to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy with our service then you please tell us straight away so that we can do our best to fix the problem.

The first step may be to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will work to resolve the issues at this stage. If however, you wish to make a formal complaint, then please contact either Sam Dawkins or Tom Callaghan, or you may contact us by post to our office. We have a written complaints procedure which is available on request. Making a complaint about an issue of our service will not affect how we handle your matter.

If we cannot resolve your complaint

If we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves, or we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of us receiving your complaint, you can ask Legal Ombudsman for help. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we deal your matter.

The Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us before accepting a complaint for investigation. If you have first tried to resolve your issues directly and wish to proceed, then you must do so:

Within six months of receiving a final response from us to your complaint; and

No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or

No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them:

Contact details:

Visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk

Call 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm

Email enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

You may have a right to object to any bill for our professional services by applying to the court for an assessment of that bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our any non-service aspect of the firm. This includes any issue that you believe should be considered by the professional regulator of solicitors.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority at www.sra.org.uk

Edward Harte Solicitors